Anna's Coronation Dress
My little one had been waiting her turn
for me to sew her up an Anna costume.
She told me she wanted the Coronation dress,
Firstly I sketched a dress, inspired by many dresses I found on Pinterest.
I had chosen some fabric that wasn't exactly like that of Anna's dress,
but had the same tones. I think it really works.
It was a bit of a mission to work out
the maths for the skirt but I ended up using
10 patterned panels at 3 inch wide x desired length
20 light green panels at 1.5 inch wide x desired length
10 dark green panels at 1 inch wide x desired length.
I had originally thought to use the bodice of the
and the waistband of the Glinda dress.
In the end I found a tutorial that was so much easier
than combining all the other patterns.
I made the size 6 bodice for my 4 year old.
I am glad I did because she has a bit of growing room
and will get much more use from it.
I tried a few different options for the pattern on the front bodice
but I am so happy with my final decision.
It is done with a vinyl heat transfer.
It is permanent and doesn't crack or fade.
And best of all, a neighbour 2 doors away does it so I am sure
I will be using her services again very soon :)
Needless to say, I have a very happy little girl x