Thursday 25 June 2015

A Scarlet Dress for Scarlett - Free Pattern

Scarlett's Dress

The other day on a facebook page someone shared a link to a dress pattern.
It was the Scarlet dress by Made by Oranges

I was instantly taken by the cute, simple, girly look to this dress
and with winter now here in Australia, I love the longer sleeve option.


You can just make out from these photos 
that the dress has princess seams,
so pretty x
 

Super excited about going to the park!


The best thing about this pattern is that it is FREE!
Oh and it is also available to download in 
English, Dutch, German and French :)




The length is slightly on the short side,
especially when hanging off the monkey bars,
but nothing a pair of stockings can't hide.



The dress has a zip closure at the back.
I made the size 104 which is suitable for 4-5 years.
It is a great fit for my 4 year old daughter.





I picked the fabric up from the Salvos (thrift shop)
for only $1 and the zip was from my stash,
which make for an extremely cheap, adorable dress!!





3 comments:

  1. You also take the sweetest pictures of your girls!! Thanks for sharing such a cute and wonderful pattern!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable dress on ab absolutely gorgeous park loving girl :) A free pattern plus thrifted fabric equals a total winning combo. I will have to make a dress like this for my bench jumping little monkey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's gorgeous, Sherry. Thanks for the link to the pattern - pinning it for future use :)

    ReplyDelete