Sunday 2 March 2014

Brown Floral Top

Brown Floral Top





Back View


Gathered sleeve cuff.


I love sewing with Japanese patterns. 
Because I don't speak or read Japanese I have to take it slow and really look at the instructions carefully to make sure I have it correct, but with a basic sewing knowledge this is quite easy.


This little top is made with a very light weight cotton fabric but because it has a 3/4 length sleeve, 
it will be suitable for the cooler weather as we head into Autumn.  










If you have ever had experience sewing using a 
Japanese pattern I would love to hear about it. 









4 comments:

  1. This is such a gorgeous style, and I love the fabric you've chosen for it. Your aboriginal one is lovely too. I was browsing Yes Asia last night and put this exact book in my shopping basket - haven't actually ordered it yet, but I think your tops have convinced me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marisa. I usually buy my Japanese pattern books from Yes Asia because they seem to be the cheapest option. It's free postage worldwide if you spend over $50 or $55 dollars (I can't remember which)

      Delete
  2. it is cute and wearable - perfect for little explorers, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's right Jenya. I'll have to keep a close eye on her though. She might blend in with the bush and get lost :)

      Delete