Monday 17 March 2014

First piece done from Perfect Pattern Parcel #1

First piece done from Perfect Pattern Parcel #1
Pattern: The Lady Skater Dress by Kitschy Coo




I really like the skater style dress. 
I find it is very flattering on my body shape (great for hiding my hips)
It was a very simple dress to make.

The fabric I used for this dress I found at the op shop. 
It was a double sided knit, one being the green print and the other being the black and white stripe.
I though it would be nice to add a contrasting band on the neck and sleeve cuff.

I did make one error making this dress, but it was actually a deliberate mistake.
I made it with the stretch of the fabric going up and down rather than across. The reason for this was because I preferred the pattern of the fabric running horizontally instead of vertically.
Luckily there was Just.Enough.Stretch. going across the dress so I am still able to get in on.

Next time I will do it properly and I think it will be much more comfy :)

***

For those of you who haven't heard there is a great new initiative 
called Perfect Pattern Parcel.

What this gives you is your chance to buy the collection of 5 digital sewing patterns, each designed by a different independent designer, at the price you think it is worth.

Each pattern Parcel last only 2 weeks, so you had better be quick.
The first one only has 3 days left!!

Follow the link here to find out more :)



3 comments:

  1. Your dress is just fabulous. I often use my fabrics the 'wrong' way,too. It is just good you know how it will affect your garment fit. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Pattern Parcel is a great idea. I love the tshirt in this parcel. I might hunt it down separately though. Great make Sherry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look FABULOUS, Sherry! Great choice of fabric and I really like the contrasting black and white.

    ReplyDelete